France has warned Britain to expect a bruising battle with the EU in post-Brexit trade negotiations. "I think that on trade issues and the mechanism for future relations, which we are going to start on, we are going to rip each other apart," said France's foreign minister Jean-Yves le Drian. "But that is part of negotiations: everyone will defend their own interests." Le Drian gave his prediction during the Munich Security Conference, as both sides prepare to begin negotiations on the UK's future relationship with the bloc. He also said it would be tough for the UK to achieve its aim ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes