Kuwait cancelled 145,211 work permits for expats last year according to the latest official figures from the Public Authority for Manpower (PAM). PAM issued 185,950 new work permits for foreign workers during that same period. Total fees collected for the services provided by PAM last year reached KD 17m. Out of this amount, KD 13m came from transfer fees, KD 2m from work permits issued. Also, the labor force in the country increased by 40,000 new employees in the private sector. The total national manpower registered with the labor administration amounted to 55,273 citizens, in g...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes