The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has said it will consider certain circumstances in which it could provide relief from double taxation resulting from application of the repatriation tax, as amended by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) 2018. Following a review, the IRS has determined that in some instances, such as where a company has paid an unusual dividend for business reasons, it may be provide relief from double taxation. The concession relates to article 965, and came to the IRS's attention through an inquiry via a taxpayer who explained in detail why its situation fell outs...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes