The number of referrals to the Danish State Prosecutor for Serious Economic and International Crime (Statsadvokaten for Særlig Økonomisk og International Kriminalitet (SØIK)) by banks and financial institutions jumped 55% to 41,000 through 2019, Finance Denmark (Finans Danmark) has noted. This follows recent years' work by the financial sector to upgrade its work around money laundering and terrorism financing. Finance Denmark estimated in November 2019 that there had been an incrase of some 1,200 to 4,300 staff in the industry working on money laundering and compliance. Ulrik Nødgaar...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes