Dismantling Neil Woodford's Equity Income fund could cost investors trapped in it an additional £10m, its administrator has revealed. In a letter to investors, sent yesterday (January 29), the fund's administrators Link Fund Solutions said £10.3m had been put aside for or already spent on transaction, brokerage, legal and audit fees involved in the fund's closure. Nearly £5m of this has gone towards costs already accrued from October 15, 2019 — when it was announced the fund would be wound down — while £5.3m has been provisionally set aside for future costs. Link Fund Solutions sai...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes