DNB Asset Management has commented further on the awarding of the LuxFLAG Environment label to its DNB Fund - Renewable Energy product - which was announced by the labelling agency on 12 December 2019, along with a number of other funds.
Some 26 funds were given labels at that time, taking the total to 183 products, including: 101 ESG, 3 Climate Finance, 11 Environment, 32 Microfinance, 21 Green Bonds, and 15 with Applicant Fund status.
Mike Judith, managing director at DNB Asset Management (pictured), noted that the label for the Renewable Energy fund reflected on three decades of commitment to sustainable investments.
"We launched our first sustainable fund back in 1989 and since then our ESG standards have been fully integrated into all our investment processes."
Social, ethical and environmental investment criteria are applied to all investment funds. For all investment solutions, the investable universe is monitored with regard to social and ethical behaviour, violation of human and employee rights, corruption and environmental damage, Judith explains.
The Renewable Energy strategy invests primarily in renewable energy and resource efficiency companies, with the energy sector accounting for around two thirds of greenhouse gas emissions. (Information on the fund is also contained in a report on the recent Nordic Investment Managers Forum, which features in the February issue of the InvestmentEurope magazine)
The LuxFLAG labels are valid for one year. Currently, the agency's labels include: Microfinance, Environment, ESG, Climate Finance and Green Bond. Additionally, there is an Applicant Fund label.
Other funds recently labelled according to the announcement on 12 December include:
- BL - Sustainable Horizon
- CPR Actions France ESG
- CPR Euroland ESG
- CPR Europe ESG
- CPR Invest - Smart Beta Credit ESG
- CPR USA ESG
- CQS New City North American Equity Strategy
- CS (Lux) Digital Health Equity Fund
- DIGITAL FUNDS Stars Europe
- DIGITAL FUNDS Stars Europe Ex-UK
- DIGITAL FUNDS Stars Europe Smaller Companies
- DIGITAL FUNDS Stars US Equities
- East Capital Global Emerging Markets Sustainable
- Insight Sustainable Euro Corporate Bond
- Mandarine Active
- NEF Ethical Global Trends SDG
- Sustainable Europe Index Fund
- ACTIAM Sustainable Emerging Markets Debt Fund (HC)
- Agri-Business Capital Fund (ABC) S.A., SICAV-RAIF
- CS (Lux) Edutainment Equity Fund
- IDINVEST Sustainable Maritime Infrastructure
- Tikehau Mercati Privati Europei
- DNB Fund - Renewable Energy
- FDC SICAV Actions Monde Sustainable Impact - Actif 1
- Wallberg Global Microfinance Fund
- ACTIAM Financial Inclusion Fund
LuxFLAG has also announced the addition of new associate members as of a month ago, taking the total to 94, including: Aberdeen Standard Investment Luxembourg, Bonn Steichen and Partners, Clearstream, GAM Investments, Morningstar Luxembourg, OTCFin, Rating-Agentur Expert RA, and Société Générale Private Wealth Management.