A globally coordinated day of action against the suspected tax evasion and money laundering of more than £200m in the UK alone has been undertaken this week across the UK, US, Canada, Australia and the Netherlands. The action by the Joint Chiefs of Global Tax Enforcement (J5) - a new alliance dedicated to tackling international tax crime and money laundering - occurred as part of a series of investigations into a Central American financial institution, whose products and services are believed to be facilitating tax evasion and money laundering for customers across the globe. It is be...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes