Asia is the most expensive region with five of the most expensive cities globally, according to Julius Baer's inaugural Global Wealth and Lifestyle Report. The most expensive city, according to a basket of luxuries tracked by the bank, is Hong Kong. In fact, four out of the five most expensive cities in Julius Baer's global ranking are in Asia: Shanghai, Tokyo and Singapore. Hong Kong ranks above the 90th percentile for property, beauty services, fine dining, business class flights, and lawyer fees. European cities were noted for offering the best value. The best for luxurious liv...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes