Larry Fink has unveiled a raft of actions to integrate sustainability into BlackRock's investment offering, with ESG set to be assessed with the "same rigour" as liquidity and credit risk. In his annual letter to CEOs, Fink said climate change "has become a defining factor in companies' long-term prospects" and added that "we are on the edge of a fundamental reshaping of finance". He said: "Every government, company, and shareholder must confront climate change." Then, in an open letter to BlackRock's clients, CEO Fink added: "We believe that sustainability should be our new stan...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes