Swiss banking group UBS is planning to establish a new Miami office to serve wealth managers in Latin America. The office will start with six employees and offer services to boutique firms that do not have the capabilities of a large private bank, Stefano Veri, head of UBS's Financial Intermediaries business told Bloomberg. UBS plans to hire as many as 10 employees in the first year for the effort, which is overseen by Mariana Gregori. "With the new hub UBS is tapping into potentially tens of billions of dollars managed by Latin American financial intermediaries booking assets in the...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes