Mauritius was the second fastest-growing wealth market worldwide between 2008 - 2018, losing only to China according to a report. The 2019 Africa Wealth Report by AfrAsia Bank and New World Wealth reveals that Total wealth held in Africa rose n by 14% over those 10 years (2008 to 2018). Mauritius was the top-performing individual market during this period. The small island achieved a 124% wealth growth rate between 2008 and 2018, boosted by a large number of wealthy individuals (HNWIs) who have moved there over the past decade, especially from Europe and Southern Africa. Mauritius i...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes