As the UK prepares to the EU at the end of January 2020, the latest data suggests that Brits afraid of losing freedom of movement within the bloc have looked to bypass Brexit by getting a EU passport. Since the Brexit vote on June 23, 2016, more than 284,000 British nationals have applied to the 13 EU countries that could provide data, according to the Sunday Times. For Britons seeking to keep their EU citizenship, Ireland remains the most popular choice. This is the third consecutive year Ireland issued a record number of passports according to a statement from from its foreign affai...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes