The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has banned a financial adviser who worked for years as a representative of National Australia Bank and AMP financial planning licensees and allegedly provided inappropriate advice. David O'Brien failed to consider his clients' circumstances and existing financial products while providing advice, ASIC found. In providing superannuation advice, O'Brien did not check costs, investment strategy or his clients' existing insurance through their superannuation arrangements. When providing insurance advice, he failed to prepare a ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes