The UAE has been named the best passport of the decade, beating top ranking countries such as Germany, Finland, Luxembourg and Spain. according to the latest report by the Global Passport Index. The Gulf nation gained visa waivers to 111 countries, with the majority of those waivers granted in the past three years. Having witnessed a 161% increase in passport power in just a few years, it has been dubbed "The Unicorn" in the report. It is the only Arab country to make it to the Top 10. "Since the inception of the Passport Force Initiative in 2017, the Passport Index closely followed ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes