It was a long night for the ballot counters, as they went through millions of votes gathered at yesterday's election. The vote was the first to take place in December in the UK for nearly a century and for many this was the Brexit election. The immediate implications of Boris Johnson's historic win for the industry remain unclear, but the sweeping away of uncertainty around Brexit seems to bring considerable comfort to many who feared months, perhaps years, of deadlock continuing with the possibility of a hung parliament.Here is what the industry is saying about it: deVere Nigel Gree...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes