FWD Group is exiting its group medical insurance business in Singapore, which could affect around 80,000 members across various companies. The insurance arm of Hong Kong's investment conglomerate Pacific Century Group said it will wind down its employee benefits business in Singapore, key of which is group medical insurance, by December 2020, a company spokesman told local news outlet The Business Times. As a result, FWD Singapore will no longer sign new contracts for the business, and will no longer renew any expiring contracts, the report said, quoting a spokesperson from FWD. The s...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes