Saudi Arabia is to offer citizenship to experts and talented creatives as part of a bid to modernise and diversify the ultraconservative kingdom's economy, local media has reported. The changes are part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's economic and social reform plans to diversify the economy and steer it away from its reliance on oil. It aims to attract "scientists, intellectuals and innovators from around the world, to enable the kingdom to become a diverse hub...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes