The British pound will fall to 1.20 against the US dollar if the UK election delivers a hung parliament, the CEO of one of the world's largest independent financial advisory organisations has predicted. The prediction from Nigel Green, the founder and chief executive of deVere Group, comes following new polling that indicates that Jeremy Corbyn's Labour is closing the gap on Boris Johnson's Conservatives in next week's general election. Kantar demonstrated an increase of 5% for Labour, while Ipsos MORI flagged a gain of 4%, with the influential YouGov polls showing an increase of 2%. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes