Anglo-South African financial services group Investec expects to raise £189m with the sale of around 10% of equity in its fund management division when it spins-off the unit in March 2020. Investec, which manages more than £119bn in assets, announced plans for the split last year and said the asset manager would be better able to focus on creating long term value away from Investec's banking and wealth operations. The new unit will be known as Ninety One and will be listed in both London and Johannesburg.It will be incorporated as Ninety One plc in England and Wales and Ninety One Lim...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes