Gold demand is surging as increased market volatility sparks investor speculation across the globe. Physical gold demand climbed in India this week, with sellers charging premiums for the first time in five-and-a-half months as jewellers took advantage of a price dip and lower imports squeezed supply. Earlier this month, Indians celebrated the Dhanteras and Diwali festivals, when demand peaks. Indonesian gold trader Sembada Gold director of operations Hendry Wijaya said his company recorded a 15% year-on-year growth in gold sales in October, citing market volatility sparked by trade w...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes