Norwegians seeking to take advantage of the tax wrapper status of equity assets held within the so called Aksjesparekonto (ASK, equity savings account) are running out of time, the Norwegian Fund and Asset Management Association (VFF) has warned. Some NOK100bn has already been shifted into such accounts, but a third of equity fund capital still resides outside, according to new market figures. The deadline is 1 December, for those who wish to shift equity assets into an ASK account from another without paying capital gains tax. This follows a transition period that has been in place s...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes