Most Britons are postponing seeking estate planning advice until it is too late, according to a research from Canada Life. The study shows that over half (54%) of financial advisers identified the issue with clients seek advice too late in the estate planning process as the biggest pitfall of the whole process. This is followed by failing to go through with the agreed plan, cited by more than one in ten (14%) IFAs, while a further 14% say clients make financial commitments prior to speaking to a financial adviser. Neil Jones, Tax and Wealth Specialist at Canada Life, said: "Clie...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes