Russell Investments has been put up for sale by its private equity owner TA Associates, according to reports. TA has hired banking group Goldman Sachs to handle the sale and find potential buyers for the Seattle-based firm, the Financial Times reported. Russell, which was bought by TA in 2016 for $1.15bn from the London Stock Exchange Group, has just shy of $300bn of assets under management. The FT said it was unclear how much TA was seeking for Russell. The move comes amid increasing consolidation in the asset management industry, with large-scale mergers like the £11bn combinat...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes