A Queensland-based adviser has been slapped with a seven years ban for providing bad advice to his clients by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). The corporate watchdog said that Ian Victor Haisman had been providing templated advice not tailored to his clients' individual circumstances, needs and financial goals. "In some instances, Haisman provided inappropriate advice by recommending very high levels of insurance cover compared to the clients' income or by recommending life insurance policies to clients with no known dependants and no reasonable basis for t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes