Lyxor Asset Management has announced today it will be divesting from companies exposed to thermal coal as part of its new climate policy. The French group will be withdrawing its investments from those companies that generate over 10% of their turnover from activities related to thermal coal mining as well as from energy firms for which over 30% of the electricity production is derived from coal. The company said it has already divested €350m to date and added: "Lyxor is in line with the Société Générale Group's strategy of total exit from the coal sector by 2030 for companies with as...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes