Today, World Mental Health Day, new research suggests that many expats have struggled with life overseas, with almost nine in ten saying they felt isolated during their time abroad. The research by AXA - Global Healthcare reveals that 87% expats say they felt isolated, with half (48%) of those respondents saying that missing friends and family was the primary reason. Language barriers (24%), a lack of a local support network (20%) and generally getting oriented in a new location (18%) were also key factors that led to expats feeling isolated. When asked what would make them most likel...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes