InvestmentEurope is launching a registration wall for its website, which will facilitate even more targeted value added digital services going forward.
The registration process is automatic for existing users, although they will be required to enter a new password the first time you use the website after the ‘wall' has gone up.
New users will be asked to register their name and email details the first time that they use the site.
Registration will, henceforth, be required to gain unfettered access to all areas of the website and all different types of content available.
The new requirements are intended to facilitate improvements including:
- More geo-targeted content
- Additional tracking of most valued content, to ensure that more of that content is provided
- Better management of the user base in respect of non-digital activities such as events and the printed magazine
Users that are not registered will still be able to use the website. However, they will not, for example, be able to fully read through certain types of articles. Some articles will be ‘locked' immediately for registered users only, while others will remain fully accessible for only a short period of time.
The ‘wall' will apply three layers of restrictions to content, for example:
• Articles content types locked instantly:
- Digital Editions
• Article content types locked after 24 hours:
• Certain other content types remain open access
InvestmentEurope will be sending out emails to known existing users in coming days, including a link to confirm their details and request a new password be entered for continued unfettered access to the website.