The Royal Mint, which traces its history back more than 1,100 years, is launching a gold backed exchange traded commodity, which will become its first listed financial product. The fund is expected to list in the UK, Italy and Germany in early 2020. It has been designed with help from HANetf, the white label Ucits ETF issuer. The physical gold backing the ETC will be stored at The Royal Mint's vault. It is intended to complement an existing range of physical precious metals products including gold, silver and platinum bars and coins, as well as the 'Signature' product available online...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes