Spain's state-owned lender Bankia has set up a new business unit aimed at promoting the mobilisation of resources and the financing of investments under a common action framework committed to environmental, social and governance principles (ESG). The Business Directorate and Sustainable Financing division will be led by Carlos Barrientos, who has been rating director at Bankia since February 2014. Barrientos joined Bankia in 1996 where, after holding different roles at the bank's Risks department, he joined its Business Banking arm in 2006. The launch of the new unit allows Bankia to ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes