Deutsche Bank is set to transfer up to 800 staff and its hedge fund-servicing prime brokerage unit to BNP Paribas in a deal expected to be worth tens of billions of euros. A formal agreement is expected to emerge in the coming weeks with Deutsche's clients set to receive letters outlining the practical implications of the transfer, according to the FT. The deal, if advances, will see the transfer of "tens of billions of euros of assets" to the French firm, sources familiar with the matter told the publication. The move follows a preliminary agreement signed by the two entiti...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes