An overwhelming majority of financial advisers in the UK say the industry faces more risks now, with compliance being the biggest concern. A study by Canada Life revealed that almost three quarters of advisers [71%] believe that overall risks to adviser businesses are greater now than they were five years ago, with only 2% saying they are lower. Advisers cite compliance [72%], economic uncertainty [50%], time management [47%] and cyber security [38%] as the biggest risks facing them at present. Neil Jones, tax and wealth specialist at Canada Life, said: "The range of challenges ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes