A serial fraudster who plundered his dead business partner's estate to live "the high life" in Jersey has been ordered to pay £320,000 or face more prison time, local media reports. Russell Stephen King, who is also known by his self-given pseudonym ‘Lord Voldemort', has to hand over 'tainted' wealth including watches, jewellery and money held in a Swiss trust. He was jailed for six years earlier this year after pleading guilty to five counts of fraud and faces three more years of incarceration if he fails to return the money, the Royal Court decided. King, who appeared in co...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes