The number of rich people in Thailand will continue to grow at a higher rate, boosting the private banking business, according to wealth managers. Lombard Odier is seeing a growth of private banking business-wealth management for high net worth individuals in the country. "If you take HNWIs today in Thailand, they are growing more than 10% a year. If you take people with wealth over $50m they are growing by 20% to 25% and billionaires are growing 30% a year," Vincent Magnenat, Lombard Odier's chief executive officer for Asia Pacific, said. He added that the top private bankers in A...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes