HSBC is said to have its eyes on fellow British giant Aviva, which is currently assessing the future of its Asian unit. People familiar with the matter say the bank is looking at ways to diversify its business in the region, Bloomberg reports. Plans are currently being drawn up for an offer for at least part of Aviva's Asian business, but are in early stages, the news agency writes, as other potential suitors are also lining up bids. "I am working with the board to refresh Aviva's strategy and we have decided to review the strategic options for our Asian businesses," Aviva's chief exe...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes