More than 5 million pension savers are at risk of being conned as fraudsters increasingly target people's retirement cash pots, regulators have warned. A report commissioned by the Financial Conduct Authority and The Pensions Regulator has found that 42% of pension savers, which equates to over 5 million people, could be in danger of losing out from criminal tricks such as cold calls and time-limited offers. Research suggests people could fall for at least one of six common tactics used by pension scammers. Tactics used include cold calls, "free" pension reviews, claims of guaran...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes