More than half (61%) of advisers in the UK believe that the pensions industry has not paid enough attention to decumulation while has focused too much on wealth accumulation, Heartwood Investment Management's research suggests. The study also found that over 80% of advisers see this oversight leading to a significant increase on the number of clients seeking advice on this area over the next five years. The growing demand for decumulation advice - the conversion into retirement income of pension assets accumulated throughout an employees' working life - comes as advisers warn of signi...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes