Aegis Custody, a California-based digital financial service provider backed by Chinese investment firm Fosun International, has announced it's been granted a trading licence as Hong Kong's first digital asset custodian. Serra Wei, Aegis Custody's founder and chief executive officer, said in a statement: "Through our Hong Kong business, we will be able to service clients interested in the new digital asset economy on a global scale, while we continue our licence application as a qualified custodian in the United States." In November last year, Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commis...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes