International investors own a record 48.1% of the Spanish stock market in July, according to a recently-published report from BME's Research Department on the share ownership structure in Spain. The figure is 2% up from last year, reaching the ownership of Spanish listed shares by non-resident investors a record high, July's data from the Spanish stock market operator (BME) reflects. The report also suggests that share ownership by foreign investors of Spanish listed companies is greater, more diversified and transparent than that of non-listed, since these investors account...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes