The InvestmentEurope Women In Investment Awards Italy 2019, taking place 2 October in Milan, have elicited responses from shortlisted candidates.
Taking place at the Palazzo Parigi, the Awards seek to recognise the achievements of women in the investment industry in Italy across multiple areas, including analysis, fund management and fund selection; however, they also seek to recognise some of the particular challenges faced by women in returning to the workforce, and those seeking to provide mentorship to others.
Giulia Culot, portfolio manager at Generali Investments Partners, has been shorlisted in the category Fund Manager of the Year, and says: "Sometimes we ‘forget' to take pride in our own achievements, but being in the shortlist for such a prestigious Award truly means a lot to me."
"Therefore I thank my colleagues for putting my name forward and to InvestmentEurope for shortlisting me in the Fund Manager of the Year category, and a warm "well done!" to all the other nominees."
The full shortlist for the category Fund Manager of the Year includes:
- Barbara Ellero, Anthilia Capital Partners
- Carla Scarano, Anima SGR
- Giulia Culot, Generali Investments Partners
- Patrizia Bussoli, Pramerica SGR
- Valentina Franceschini, Wise Equity SGR
Anna Vigliotti, director, head of Institutional Business Development Italy, Allianz Global Investors - Italy Branch, has been shortlisted in the category Investment Woman of the Year.
She said of what it means to be shortlisted that "It reminds me of feeling gratitude for a job that I do with passion that can inspire other women in the industry."
The full shortlist for Investment Woman of the Year category includes:
- Anna Vigliotti, Allianz Global Investors
- Cinzia Tagliabue, Amundi
- Alessandra Festini, Cassa Forense
- Anna Maria Reforgiato Recupero, Generali Investments Partners
- Laura Nateri, Lazard Fund Managers
- Paule Ansoleaga Abascal, Rothschild & Co
- Valeria Piani, UBS Asset Management
- Donatella Principe, Fidelity International
Valentina Valdameri, Legg Mason Global Asset Management, has been shorlisted in the category Young Investment Woman of the Year
She says: "It is certainly a special feeling to represent young women growing up in their professional careers. Just turned thirty, in the last 12 months I started to realize that this is the time of your life when the hours of time and mental energy devoted to your self-development start to pay off, when everything just starts to click. State it clearly to yourself you want to play the premier league and everyone will recognize. Our industry wants to engage with the fresh perspective you're there to bring."
The full shortlist for the Young Investment Woman of the Year category includes:
- Antonella Di Chio, Algebris
- Camilla Cotta Ramusino, Anima SGR
- Claudia Ecca, Lyxor
- Valentina Valdameri, Legg Mason Global Asset Management
- Gaia Salina, Eurizon Capital
For full details about the InvestmentEurope Women In Investment Awards Italy 2019, including how to attend even if not shorlisted, visit: https://events.investmenteurope.net/womenininvestment/static/home
Click here to view the full shortlist: https://events.investmenteurope.net/womenininvestment/static/shortlist
- Analyst of the Year
- Fund Manager of the Year
- Fund Selector of the Year
- Investment Woman of the Year
- Mentor of the Year
- Most Inspiring Returner
- Role Model of the Year
- Team Leader of the Year
- Young Investment Woman of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award