Qatar Financial Center Regulatory Authority (QFCRA) has banned both directors of Guardian Wealth Management Qatar, an insurance brokerage company that is primarily involved in selling long-term savings plans in the kingdom, and fined them $400,000. QFCRA has imposed a penalty of $200,000 each on David Howell and John Hasberry, who were the directors of Guardian Wealth Management Qatar (GWMQ), which is now in liquidation. The individuals are also prohibited from performing any function or being employed by any authorized firm in the QFC for three years, owing to "serious misconduct" a...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes