Switzerland's federal prosecutor Michael Lauber was ordered to recuse himself from an investigation looking into corruption at FIFA, soccer's world governing body. Lauber and two deputies violated key procedural rules when they failed to report and document three meetings with FIFA head Gianni Infantino, the Swiss Federal Criminal Court said Tuesday. He is now fighting for his political survival Documents leaked by the website Football Leaks late last year revealed Lauber to have held two private meetings with Fifa chief Gianni Infantino in the spring of 2016, brokered by an old sc...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes