The rate of fintech adoption among Singapore consumers has almost tripled in just two years, according to the EY Global FinTech Adoption Index 2019. Singapore's adoption rate jumped from 23% to 67% between 2017 to 2019. The jump positions Singapore as a leader across Asia-Pacific, though the region's overall adoption rate is nothing to scoff at (64% in 2019, from 33% in 2017). But outshining Singapore, China and India emerged global leaders with a 87% consumer fintech adoption rate. Globally, an average 89% of consumers are aware of the existence of in-store mobile phone payment pl...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes