Key players in Guernsey's financial sector have welcomed Guernsey's move towards a public register of beneficial ownership but some lawmakers in London have said that it is not enough. Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man have recently announced they will voluntarily adopt public registers of the true owners of offshore companies incorporated in their jurisdictions. The islands' registers of beneficial ownership of companies will be first connected to those within the EU for access by law enforcement authorities, then opened up to financial service businesses that require access for c...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes