Growth in dividends in the Asia Pacific region, excluding Japan, have grown significantly over the past year to April, with the likes of South Korea, China and Singapore seeing some of the fastest growth in dividends globally, according to figures published by the Henderson Far East Income fund. It suggests that since 2009, dividends paid out in the region have risen by more than 220%, about twice as fast as the rest of the world, and have proved resilient more recently in the face of slowing globaly economic growth. Over that period, companies in the region paid out some £1.5trn (€1.67t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes