Data from Finance Denmark suggests that Danish retail investors are continuing to shift away from a domestic bias in their equity and fixed income holdings, with a trend begun in the past five years to increase foreign exposure looking like it will continue. Globally, the 'home bias' is seen as a long term challenge. But, argues Finance Denmark, most retail investors can achieve a better balance between return and risk if a larger share of their wealth is placed in foreign securities. Its data suggests that in the 2014-18 period, local retail investors have been net buyers of investme...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes