The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has revealed there has been a 129% increase in wealth management investigations over the past 14 months under its enhanced, post-Royal Commission regulatory approach. ASIC commissioner John Price said the corporate regulator enforcement investigations increased 15% between February 2018 and March 2018. Enforcement investigations involving large firms (or their officers or subsidiaries) increased 65% over the year while investigations into wealth management increased 129%. Price echoed earlier ASIC explanations around its "why...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes