Nearly 700,000 people have been granted leave to remain in the UK after Brexit, new figures from the Home Office reveal. As of May 31, the total number of applications since the scheme was opened was 788,200, with 668,000 applications concluded, according to the Home Office release. Of these, 66% were granted settled status and 34% were granted pre-settled status. Home Secretary Sajid Javid told Parliament on June 10 that the number had risen to more than 800,000, and that almost 700,000 people had been successful. The Home Office figures show that Poles continue to apply more t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes