The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (Alfi) has announced the appointment of Corinne Lamesch as the new chairperson of Alfi following its annual general meeting.
The appointment is effective immediately and will run for two years initially. In addition, new board of directors has been elected.
Lamesch has been a member of the Alfi Board of Directors since June 2017 and has actively participated in a number of Alfi Technical Committees and Working Groups. She is a regular speaker at industry events and has been actively participating in conferences and roadshows that Alfi is organising in Luxembourg and across the globe.
She is country head, Luxembourg and head of Legal, Europe at Fidelity International and has over 20 years of experience in the Luxembourg fund industry. She joined Fidelity International in 2008 and has also acted as conducting officer of Fidelity International's Luxembourg-based management company since 2015.
Prior to joining Fidelity International, Lameschworked as a lawyer for Clifford Chance and Allen & Overy from 1998 to 2008, advising on the Luxembourg and international investment fund industry.
Commenting on her appointment, Lamesch stressed her three priorities for the coming year, including sustainable finance, the introduction of the EU's Pan-European personal pension product, and supporting the growth of the alternative investment industry alongside Ucits. Lamesch will also be guided in her work by the Alfi 2020 Ambition Paper, launched under the previous chairmanship of Denis Voss.
The new board of directors elected at the Association's annual general meeting includes:
- Beegun, Ravi - KPMG Luxembourg, Société Cooperative
- Beythan, Hermann - Linklaters LLP
- Blair, Craig - Franklin Templeton International Services S.à r.l.
- Eisenhuth, Michèle - Arendt & Medernach S.A.
- Faucher, Julien - Amundi Luxembourg S.A.
- Ferguson, Michael - Ernst & Young S.A.
- Goy, Jean-Marc - Capital International Management Company S.à r.l./Capital Group
- Graeber, Bettina - Pictet & Cie (Europe) S.A.
- Griffiths, Lize - Deloitte Luxembourg
- Hallet, Ludovic - BNP Paribas Asset Management Luxembourg
- Hildebrandt, Holger - Deka International S.A.
- Juchem, Ulrich - DZ PRIVATBANK S.A.
- Juncker, Gast - Elvinger Hoss Prussen S.A.
- Kömen, Rudolf - Credit Suisse Fund Management S.A.
- Kruse, Nils - GAM (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Lamesch, Corinne - Fidelity International/FIL Investment Management (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Libby, Steven - PricewaterhouseCoopers SC
- Löwenbrück, Maria - Union Investment Luxembourg S.A.
- Prym-Gigli, Francesca - UBS Fund Management (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Radcliffe, Geoff - Blackrock (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Ringard, Philippe - JPMorgan Asset Management (Europe) S.à r.l.
- Schots, Barbara - DWS Investment S.A.
- Stampfli, Patrick - Schroder Investment Management (Europe) S.A.
- Suetens, David - State Street Services (Luxembourg) S.A.