James Hambro and Partners has launched an investment service for UK-based US expats to help them navigate the intricacies of both the IRS and HMRC. JH&P investment manager and partner Rosie Bullard said: "Only two countries in the world tax non-resident citizens on income earned overseas - one is the US, the other is Eritrea. Americans living in Britain have to pay two sets of taxes - to HMRC and the IRS - and often suffer the harshest elements of both regimes. "They can often offset taxes paid to HMRC against their IRS bill, but if a UK tax rate is lower than the American equivalent,...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes