In its pursue to niche strategy in the private debt asset class, Decalia has identified an under-served financing segment in the fast-growing film production market, which offers the potential for uncorrelated downside protected equity-like returns with annual cash distributions. The strategy lends capital to medium budget ($10m-$40m), English-speaking independent film productions, through three types of debt tranches. These offer protection through collaterals and seniority in the capital structure, without exposure to the sales performance of films. "We are witnessing an extraordinary ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes